Lights at Night

11/09/09 #21

I always feel most creative when the sun goes down. I usually get the urge to start a new painting, write in my journal or rearrange my room after dark. I don't know why it never clicked with me earlier to employ the moon as my photography muse as well. I have discovered that there is something magical about night photography. It requires patience and experimentation. Its about letting the camera show you something you can't see. Its quiet, solitary and free. This is definitely a great realization that this blog has led me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it the moonlight which is illuminating the sides of those structures or is there some secondary light? It almost appears that the light is only coming from one direction, which is why I ask. -Rach

Dana said...

There was moonlight that night but its just the artificial light from the lamps and surrounding street lights.

Anonymous said...

You see beauty. Mom