#22 & #26

11/05/09 #22 & #26

It was a full moon and a balmy 44 degrees out last night so I decided to tackle some more night photography. I really need to wear cuter clothes when I go out shooting because I always seem to end up in the frame.

Nothing much else to say about this snap so I'll share with you my digital archiving strategy. Storing all my photographs on my computer is tricky and I still don't have a perfect system down. But I have come up with a pretty good system for the photographs I take for this blog. I decided to implement a consistent way of naming all the photographs and organizing them chronologically. The photograph above is named 05Nov09_01.jpg. For the 5th of November, 2009, image 1 (I decided to name them for the blog posting date, since sometimes the snapping date is different.) All numbers lower than 10 get a 0 placeholder: instead of 5, its 05. I use an underscore instead of a space because when uploading photographs to the internet, the space can get lost in translation and result in an incomplete upload.

Now I just need to figure out a way to organize my snapshots, travel pictures, artsy photos, and portfolio documentation. Doesn't seem that hard, but when you have artsy photos from your trip to Greece, it gets a little complicated because it seems redundant to have them in two folders.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is this taken? Is it in Alamosa? It is so fun with the moon reflecting in the water. -Rach

Dana said...

Yep, this was taken in Alamosa.