Squirrel Away

10/26/09 Tree House Squirrel

I go to campus at least twice a day for class and/or work. My goal has been to walk, instead of drive, for one of these trips. I figure, I only live 1 mile away and if this was Manhattan I would definitely be walking it every time. I actually don't mind the daily walk. I like a little fresh air and sunshine, even if its chilly out. By the end of the week I've walked 10 miles without a second thought and I might stumble across a photo opportunity or two.

This little guy was hiding in what looks to have been a tree house in better days. Its not the artsiest or most interesting shot, and some photographers might cringe at the thought of a photograph being described as "cute." I'm not one of those photographers. I can appreciate a good 'ol cute squirrel picture as much as a high art print.

(unrelated) Links:
Suzy Poling
Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only way this could have been "cuter" is if that squirrel was a tiny little bunny. -Rach

Anonymous said...

was he a "murphy" squirrel? If so, can I have him so I'll be up to 88 Murphy Squirrels?
---Easier-not-to-sign-in Eric