Detail

This is a strange semester as I am not enrolled in any photography classes. It has been two years since I've had a photo-free semester and I've been taking the freedom for granted. I haven't been taking any photos! For someone who wishes to one day make a living taking pictures, I'm thinking it is pretty important to actually take pictures on a daily basis. Which brings me to purpose number one for starting this blog: Take some pictures!

Next semester I will be working on my photography thesis and I do not have a clear direction for it. I've thought of a few ideas in passing but I haven't actually shot any of them. I'm hoping that by taking pictures every day I will come up with more ideas and work through any problems. Purpose number two: Get some ideas for my thesis.

Taking photographs is one way I choose to communicate. I don't take pictures so I can develop them and keep them hidden in a shoe box in the back of my closet. My photographs are meant to be seen by others, to show people what I see when I look at the world around me. Finally purpose number three: Share my work.

So here goes!

Necklace Detail 10/6/09

I love photographing details. I like how, as individuals, we are all just a compilation of a million little details. Our appearance, surroundings, relationships and thoughts.

I like to dress in dark colors for drawing class since charcoal is a bitch to wash out. So today I donned a pair of black pants, a black tank top and some black gladiator sandals with a black sweater in my black purse in case I got a chill. With all this black, I needed something to add a little interest to my outfit. I examined my cork board of necklaces and chose the long, layered silver pearl chain I got at American Eagle on hella-clearance. The perfect detail.


Links:
Jason Mraz "Details in the Fabric"
What I Wore Today

1 comment:

Eric L said...

Welcome to the blogosphere.
Love the pics. You have inspired me to post more pics on my blog.
Your site is bookmarked and I'm looking forward to seeing what's happening in your neck of the woods.